As a student who helps run American University’s student run newspaper, I have had the opportunity to cover a variety of topics with a focus on music and culture. Here are some of my favorites:
- Body Politics: Septums on the Rise
- Passion Pit, Sylvan Esso and Sofi Tukker combine forces for ATG Fall Classic
- Blood Orange gets personal, political, poppin’ on his latest album
- Q&A: The Dodos guitarist Meric Long
- See me after class, catch me at the 9:30 Club
- Jake and Amir: The end of an era
- Q&A: Laura Jan Grace on Prince, Punk and HB2
- Movie Review: The Boy Next Door
As the Managing Online Editor for the paper, I created and write a weekly email newsletter; it has since grown to over 1,500 subscribers. Here are a few examples:
In addition to online articles I wrote alongside the station’s multimedia journalists, I worked with the Special Assignment Unit, providing research and contributed reporting to many stories over my three-month internship.
- Fallen & Forgotten: Why were these missing WWII heroes buried under pavement?
- A series of stories on tractor-trailer underrides, I researched the causes of related accidents and tracked the progress of legislation.
- DC lawfirm’s Veritas tweet goes viral
- What’s open and what’s closed on Christmas Day
Medium is where I have the freedom to write about anything that piques my interest.
One of the articles I am most proud of that incorporates my interest in statistics and social media analytics: Free (legal) Promotion, Free (illegal) Download.